Just before I start work for the day, I think I’ll list some things about me you may have known or may not have known.
- Can’t have sticky hands or fingers. Can’t do anything if they get sticky until I’ve cleaned them. Similarly, cannot wash my hands without having cream to put on them directly afterwards.
- Same with lip ice, if I brush my teeth, must apply lip ice afterwards.
- I love marmalade on toast with tea in the mornings or Marmite with a lot of butter.
- I like films and books that illustrate the dichotomies of life and its paradoxes.
- I love Pink Floyd
- I’ve recently changed my image and become quite well-groomed – make up and clothing etc. I always wore make up to work but hardly ever otherwise
- Cut my hair very short on Saturday
- I put a profile up on a dating site but I don’t know if I’m really keen on meeting anyone. Well, to rephrase, I am keen to meet someone who wants to be friends only. Not into the idea of rolling about under any covers with anyone at the moment. Doubt I’ll meet anyone though cos all men on there are on there to obtain someone with whom they can roll under the covers. They also want someone to cook their meals and wash their clothes.
- I find it difficult to meet people because I feel it incumbent on me to make/sustain conversation whereas my natural bent is periods of quiet interspersed with talking as the desire grabs me. I’m not naturally good at conversation per se, or for its own sake. Hard to indulge in small talk too. This is why I get quite nervous when I do meet new people and if I do meet anyone from the dating site I’m sure he’ll find me a tad dull.
- what strikes me when reading through the dating site profiles is how many men use several of the following words/phrases/descriptions:
- Come fly with me (who are they, fucking Frank Sinatra or what?!?!)
- Outdoorsy, love the outdoors
- Active, fit
- Young at heart (this expression is seriously starting to grate me!) What’s it supposed to mean?!
- Many seem to like to call themselves Forever Young or similar nicknames. The last thing I want is another son to care for, grow up man!
- Looking for my Dream Woman…. ummm… hellooooooo! There is no such thing you blinking dolt!
- Want a Princess to Spoil…. ummm… spoil a woman & you’ll land up with a spoilt woman, fooooool!
- Very energetic/high on energy, run on energy…. are they plugged into the mains? If so one can only imagine how tedious and tiring their company will be, always on the go, unable to sit still… no ways!!
- Another thing that strikes me – which is more poignant though – is how many really lonely people are out there. I can’t understand why this should be – we are all supposed to be a fellowship of man, how has it come to this situation where we live in isolated pockets, desperately trying to be happy/find happiness while hoping against hope to find someone who truly loves us, who will see us for what and who we are and will treasure us?
- I love the colour pink, all the shades from baby pink to electric shocking pink.
- My daughter was into pink for many years and now she claims she is not into ANY girly girl things anymore.
- Unfortunately (depending on how she sees it) I bought her a girly girl bracelet for her birthday which is tomorrow but I rather think she will wear it cos she has a sentimental streak she likes to disguise.
- I really enjoy proper conversations with people, where you actually communicate with people properly.
here is a pic of Moby that Jessica took recently at the kennels where he is staying. Brilliant pic I think. Illustrates the height he gets to when he jumps for his ball. Pitbulls are known as the Superdogs of the canine world, highly athletic and agile they can jump from a standstill like cats, to great heights.
I miss Moby but I know he is happy and well cared for there…. I’m hoping I’ll see him soon. xx
Happy Monday everyone and remember, love yourself and someone else will find you loveable too!